Saturday, 29 December 2012

Favourite Make Up Products Of 2012


There really have been some amazing make up products out this year and I've discovered some real gems, so it was really hard to narrow it down. I still think I have too many but I couldn't leave any out. Now where to start....
The two base products that stood out was the Ginvera BB cream which to me is the best BB cream around, gives good coverage and lasts all day. Also the Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover which has saved me on days when my skin has just been awful and I needed something full coverage.
Then to set those, it has to be the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder, adds an extra bit of coverage and makes your skin look flawless.
I think you all know the love I have for the By Terry Touche Veloutee, this just makes me look so much more awake once applied under my eyes. 
I think the number one product for 2012 has to go to the ELF Warm Bronzer, I have had this about 6 months and have hit pan which is very unlike me. I just adore it.
My cheeks have often had the Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine and Illamasqua cream highlight in Gleam on them. I can imagine that the blush will be in a lot of peoples favourites as it is just gorgeous and the highlighter is fairly new to me but I haven't really reached for much else since I've had it.
For the eyes, most of the year I have gone for quite a basic look. one sweep of shadow and lots of lashings of mascara. Of course Clinique High Impact Mascara has to be mentioned but I won't harp on about it.
One of my favourite eye shadows, Mac Electric Cool Eye Shadow in Pure Flash is unfortunately limited edition, so I am going to be gutted when it runs out. This has a very similar texture to the Chanel cream eye shadows but I much prefer these ones. The other eye shadow product that I had to include was the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Golden. This is easy to apply and stays put all day.
If I have wanted to add a bit of definition to my eyes the Rimmel Scandaleyes liners have been my go to, you really can't get better eye liners.
I don't think any looks complete without brows and my favourite product for that is the YSL Eyebrow Pencil in taupe, this is the perfect shade for me.
Lastly another YSL product. YSL Glossy Stain in number 12. I have spoken about this recently as my perfect night out lip. It is just the perfect coral/red that lasts all night.
Phew that was a lot but every product I would repurchase in an instant. I would love to know your favourites?

26 comments:

  1. Great selection of products! I swatched the caviar sticks yesterday and had to resist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are amazing, they literally do not budge. x

      Delete
  2. Great products, I love the Clinique mascara too, as well as the normal Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation....I have never tried the Maxiumum coverage one!!

    I have an international giveaway on my blog, hope you will enter;
    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/face-of-australia-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The maximum coverage is a lot more coverage but its lovely. x

      Delete
  3. Looks like an amazing selection! I've been loving he Rimmel liners as well! Really want to try illamasqua gleam and the YSL glossy stains! Great post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are both amazing, you should definitely check them out. xx

      Delete
  4. The Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner in nude has to be one of my favourites too! Perfect for tired eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great products. I really want to try a YSL glossy stain but will have to wait now :)
    I love the Clinique high impact mascara. One of my favourites.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear by the Clinique mascara. Maybe get the glossy stain as a reward at the end of your ban. :) x

      Delete
  6. Some great products there, a few new to me so might have to investigate :)

    Thanks Hun

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab favourites :) I would love to try the Laura Mercier blush in Lush Nectarine and the YSL Glossy Stains!

    I keep picking up the Rimmel Scandaleyes liners in Boots as they look great but I always put them back as I don't really wear eyeliner. (I'm crap at putting it on really!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really try them, they are such a great liners and good way to practice. ;) x

      Delete
  8. The Glossy Stains will definitely be included in my 12 products of 2012 post I am drafting. they're fantastic. I'd love to try the Ginvera BB. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to reading your favourites hun. :) x

      Delete
  9. Love these posts! Had to spread mine out over 4/5 posts as you know. lol. Never heard of those MAC cool shadows! Looks pretty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have split mine up into a couple as well. lol. So many great products. x

      Delete
  10. I adore the Clinique mascara! You have great taste when it comes to make-up! Loved this post xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. :) x

      Delete
  11. I love the rimmel liner in nude, I haven't tried any other shades yet though. 2012 was a good year for makeup, I found so many amazing things!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some really great products were released. I think brands are really upping their game. x

      Delete
  12. Oh what are Illamasqua cream products like? I've never tried any of their products before but I've been trying to find a cream highlighter for a while now (well even since Jemma Kidd went out of the window).

    Bonjourluce.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer this to the jemma kidd. They are very similar though. x

      Delete
  13. i've read a lot of great things about the Laura Mercier mineral powder but have yet to try it myself.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and commenting :) x